This Privacy Statement, May 2019, sets out the C.ex Groups commitment to safeguard your personal information.
“We”, “us”, “our” and “C.ex Group” means Coffs Ex Services Memorial & Sporting Club Ltd through all its affiliated clubs. The affiliated clubs involved in C.ex Group include C.ex Coffs, C.ex Woolgoolga and C.ex Urunga.
For further information about our affiliated clubs, please contact our CEO on the details below.
RESPECTING YOUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY AT THE C.ex GROUP
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is a high priority for the C.ex Group.
Personal information with regards to this website and all the C.ex Group online portals (and any other C.ex Group printed materials) means information we hold about you from which we can search for and retrieve your identity. For example, we may collect and use your name and address details when you acquire or use particular C.ex Group products or services. The C.ex Group understands that providing your personal information imposes a serious responsibility upon us.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. Where your personal information may be disclosed, and to the extent that we can, we believe in giving you a choice as to whom we may disclose your personal information to, and how these third parties may use your personal information for direct marketing.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to deliver and ensure a C.ex Group product or service. We may choose to collect personal information from you when you fill in an application form, both in hard copy format or online via our website, or over the telephone.
We will always attempt to collect personal information from you using lawful and fair means, and not in an unlawful manner. The type of personal information we may collect from you generally comprises name, address, gender, contact details (including phone, fax and e-mail).
If we do not collect this information, we may not be able to provide you with the C.ex Group product or service you have requested.
HOW WE MAKE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The C.ex Group will collect your personal information in order to provide you with, or give you access to, a particular C.ex Group product or service. The C.ex Group may choose to disclose your personal information for the main purpose for which we collect it, with such disclosure reasonably expected by you. Some of these examples include, but are not limited to:
- helping the C.ex Group to develop a stronger relationship with you;
- internal membership management, accounting and finance;
- administrative reporting;
- protecting you and the C.ex Group from fraud; and
- as part of a C.ex Group campaign.
Occasionally, we may also disclose your personal information for the purposes of facilitating the distribution of marketing materials to you by C.ex Group employing a third party. We will not do this if you ask us not to do so. There are other situations where we are compelled by law to disclose your personal information. For instance, under certain circumstances we may be compelled to provide your personal information to law enforcement agencies, the Australian Electoral Office, the Department of Family Services or the Australian Taxation Office.
We also collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- monitoring, moderating and improving our website (for example, by generating analytics about how members browse and interact with the website);
- advertise and market events, activities, opportunities, offers and the goods and services provided by the C.ex Group (including direct mail, email, telephone and SMS) including without limitation with respect to food and beverage promotions, entertainment, wagering, gaming machines, gaming, sporting events and venue hire;
- assessing or improving our products and services; and
- for training and quality purposes, including monitoring, recording and analysing online interactions and communications between you and us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- our suppliers and service providers, including those to whom we outsource certain of our information technology functions (e.g. cloud service providers);
- other related bodies corporate of the ex Group;
- government, regulatory, judicial or law enforcement authorities;
- accountants, insurers, auditors, lawyers and our professional advisers;
- any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of ex Group’s assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as an asset of C.ex Group; and
- any other third parties notified to you at or around the time we collect your personal information (together, the Required Recipients).
Although most Required Recipients are located within Australia, others may be located, or have relevant operations elsewhere, including in USA, Singapore, Europe, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and New Zealand. Therefore, it may be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. Some of the countries to which information is transferred may not have laws regulating the collection and disclosure of personal information. In these circumstances, C.ex Group will take steps to ensure that the recipients of the personal information comply with the Privacy Act.
C.ex Group may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular C.ex Group products and services, which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you, such as from third parties. This may include such activities as competitions, policy announcements, campaigns or to hear about shows and entertainment from the C.ex Group, our community partners or affiliated sponsors. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services. If you do not wish to receive this direct marketing information from C.ex Group, please let us know.
QUALITY AND ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we have accurate personal information about you, it enables us to provide you with the best possible service. The C.ex Group will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
C.ex GROUP CAMPAIGNS
The C.ex Group conducts various campaigns and from time to time may use your contact details to update you on the status of a campaign. Likewise, the C.ex Group may also use your details for specific petitions on campaigns. If you have signed a petition, your details may be used for instances such as presenting this information to members of Parliament. If you do not wish for the C.ex Group to contact you via phone or email during or campaign or present a petition you have signed, please let us know.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The C.ex Group takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction.
COOKIES ON C.ex GROUP WEBSITE
A “cookie” is a packet of information that allows the C.ex Group server (the computer that houses our web site) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer.
When you access our website, we send you a “temporary cookie” that gives you a unique identification number. A different identification number is sent each time you use our website. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user’s Internet browser type and your Internet Service Provider. Our cookie allows us to keep track of the pages you have accessed while visiting our web site. It also allows you to page back and forwards through our website and return to pages you have already visited without requiring you to log in to our home page again.
You can configure your Internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your Internet browser’s instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions.
INFORMATION LOGGED ON THE C.ex GROUP WEBSITE
When you visit the C.ex Group web site, our server logs the following information which is provided by your browser for statistical purposes only:
- The type of browser and operating system you are using;
- Your Internet Service Provider and top-level domain name (for example – .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- Your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet); and
- All of this information is used by C.ex Group for aggregated statistical analyses, such as Google Analytics reporting, or systems administration purposes only. More information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data is available at google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The C.ex Group site contains links to other web sites. While C.ex Group will always endeavor to engage in business arrangements with commercial entities of good repute and ethical business practices, we are ultimately not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such external web sites.
Please note that the C.ex Group takes no responsibility for your PC obtaining any viruses from visiting these website links, or viruses obtained from visiting the C.ex Group website.
SEARCHING WITHIN THE C.ex GROUP WEBSITE
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms for the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis so we can ascertain what people are looking for on our web site, and to improve the services that we provide.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The C.ex Group will, upon your request, and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information held by us. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type/s of information requested.
SURVEILLANCE OF VENUES
The venues in the C.ex Group are subject to video and at times audio surveillance for security reasons.
Details of suspected or actual illegal and undesirable activities on our premises may be shared with other clubs, pubs, law enforcement bodies and regulatory bodies such as the New South Wales Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority and the NSW Police Service.
CONTACT THE C.ex GROUP PRIVACY OFFICER
Please email your query and contact details (your name, contact phone number and email address) to the C.ex Group Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
If you do not wish to receive further advertising material or wish to change your contact details, please advise us by emailing the Privacy Officer at the above email address.
We will respond to your query or complaint within 14 working days from the date first lodged. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 2068
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450